With spring just around the corner (although it feels like it's already here!) Owen and I did a couple of fun Spring themed activities.
I was cleaning up his art table and found numerous broken crayons (our dogs like to get ahold of them) and I remembered seeing on Pinterest some cute ideas for reusing them. Ours turned out really cute!
How to make Crayon "Cookies"
- Peel all paper from crayons.
- Break up crayons into smaller pieces.
- Place pieces in a cookie sheet, like this one, or a muffin tin. Ours was a wedding gift from Crate and Barrel. Perfect spring theme!
- Bake for 6-8 minutes at 265 degrees. As soon as the crayons have lost their shape take them out.
- Let pan cool, then place in freezer for 30 minutes, crayons should pop right out.
For another fun Spring time activity we made these cute little Easter eggs, which includes our favorite, SUCCULENTS!
Again, another Pinterest idea I had to try!
- Add a small layer of rocks to bottom of egg shell.
- Plant your succulents right into the shell.
- Water. That's it, so easy!
Once Easter has come and gone you can place these beauties right in your garden the egg shell will break down and the plants will continue to grow.
I'm thinking of bringing a few of these down to the Fremont Market to sell, what do you think?!