When you think about landscapers and their gardens I'm sure you imagine stately and amazingly lush gardens that you could only dream of having....well, it's not true. Most landscapers spend so much time making everyone else's homes looking this way that it leaves theirs looking, well, BAD. This is definitely the case for our home garden. BUT - it's about to change. This year we will be welcoming you into our home garden to see our BEFORE and AFTER pictures...because everyone loves a good b/a picture, I know I do! We have a great piece of property in the Seattle area. Our lot has about 8000 sqft of garden/yard space to work with and since we moved in nearly 2 years ago we have not put much time into it at all. So...next week I will be posting all of our BEFORE pictures. But for now I will leave you with our garden inspiration board and our MUST HAVE list, which hopefully we will get everything checked off of!
- Shade garden under Douglas Fir with a play house for Owen.
- Mix shrub boarder complete with plants that will attract birds.
- Veggie Beds for year round crops.
- Succulent growing space.
- Backyard patio or deck for entertaining.
- Work space for planting outdoors.
- Fence front yard.
- Line North side of house with lush shade plants.
- Grow vine on fence or in on a trellis.
- Add window boxes on the front window(s).
- Add crocus to front lawn.